Booster Dose Registration has been already started from 10 January 2022, citizens who are eligible for the booster dose of SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine in India can take it, in order to get the Booster Dose of vaccine firstly an individual have to take an appointment by visiting the respective portal. Booster Dose Registration is not mandatory, individuals can directly walk-into the vaccination centre and get the third dose of vaccine to increase immunity against the Omicron, a new variant of COVID-19 virus.
Booster Dose Registration
Registration for the booster dose or precaution dose of SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine can done on visiting the Co-WIN Portal i.e. @cowin.gov.in, senior citizens who are above 60 years old and he/she had vaccinated with the second dose of vaccine at least 39 weeks before the present day are eligible to jab the precautionary dose of CoronaVirus vaccine, not only senior citizens, but also the front lines workers of our country are eligible for the booster dose.
Booster dose or precaution dose are giving to eligible senior citizens and frontline worker in order to increase immunity in themselves, we all are known of the fact what happened in India during the second wave of deadly virus, our country suffered with serious condition, a large number of lives loses had happened because of the second wave of CoronaVirus, and noone want to see these horrific scene again, therefore Government of India has launched the initiative of Booster dose.
Precaution Dose Registration Overview
|Dose||Booster Dose / Precaution Dose|
|Registration Start||10 January 2022|
|Eligible Citizens||60 Years Old & Frontline Worker|
|Purpose||To increase immunity against the CoronaVirus|
|Launched||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India|
If you or any of your family member is eligible for the booster dose of vaccine, then he / she can register himself / herself through the Co-WIN Portal, as I mentioned above the registered is not mandatory, whoever is eligible should visit the nearest COVID-19 vaccination centre and get vaccinated with the precaution or booster dose of vaccine, if don’t want to directly visit the vaccination centre, them you can know the step-by-step booster dose registration, in order to know all about the same you must have to keep reading this article till the end.
148 Vaccination centers have been established in order to vaccinate the eligible citizens with the booster dose of vaccine, out of the total booster dose vaccination centres, 119 vaccination centres are for the Covishield Vaccine, and 29 vaccination centres are for the Covaxin vaccine.
How To Register For Booster Dose?
To register for the Booster Dose or Precaution Dose of vaccine an individual has to follow the following step-by-step procedure carefully, then you will be able to register for the Booster Dose and get vaccinated with it.
- In order to register for the Booster vaccine dose firstly you have to visit the Co-WIN Portal i.e. @cowin.gov.in.
- Post visiting the official portal of Co-WIN you will find a button of Book Your Slot under the section of Get Your Precaution Dose, tap on the button.
- After tapping on the button of Book Your Slot, you will be asked to enter the mobile number (which was registered for the first dose of vaccination), fill in that mobile number and tap on the option of Get OTP.
- After tapping on the option of Get OTP you will receive the one time password on your mobile number, enter that OTP and tap on Verify & Proceed.
- Post tapping on the above mentioned option you will be redirected to another webpage where you will find an option which will be related to Booster Dose (Precaution Dose), tap on that option and book your third dose of vaccine.
We hope that after reading this article you have gotten the detailed information regarding the booster dose or precaution dose, even after reading this article if you have any questions or queries related to the Precaution Dose or Booster Dose then feel free to ask it by commenting below, we will try to answer all your questions and queries as soon as possible.